What is AdBlue®?
AdBlue® is a highly pure aqueous urea solution used in order to reduce NOx concentration in the diesel exhaust emissions from diesel engines. It is made from 32.5% urea and 67.5% deionized water. The use of the fluid allows to fulfil the standards of the Euro 4, 5 and 6. The AdBlue® is completely safe for the environment. Its main task is to neutralize the harmful nitrogen oxides in exhaust in the process of selective catalytic reduction (SCR-process).
Use of AdBlue®
The selective catalytic reduction takes place only in vehicles with diesel engines. The AdBlue® fluid applies in trucks as well as in passenger cars made in SCR-technology. It is not allowed to fill AdBlue® solution into diesel tank, but into separate, specially marked container. It can be recognized with ease by the distinct signs on the tanklids surface, so there is barely possible to got the two covers wrong. The AdBlue® tank is usually located in a spare wheel well. Protection from the sun and extreme temperatures is highly advised.
AdBlue® in numbers
- Use of AdBlue® takes about 4-5% of regular diesel consumption
- Storage temperature between -5°C and +25°C
- Expiration date up to 30 months (depends on storage terms)
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) emission reduced up to 7%
- Emission of nitrogen oxides decreased by 90%
- Up to 6% less diesel consumption
AdBlue® is a registered and protected trademark of the Verband der Automobilindustrie e. V. (VDA).